- Registration is open from June 4, 2019 until February 25, 2020 at 14:00 hrs (UTC or GMT).
- LafargeHolcim Awards main category: for exemplary sustainable construction projects at an advanced stage of design from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials and construction technology, and related fields. There is no age restriction for project authors.
- LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation category: for visionary design concepts and bold ideas. Authors can be no older than 30 years of age (date of birth must be June 5, 1989 or later).
- In both categories, execution of the project may not have started before January 1, 2019.
- Entries must be in English.
- The “target issues” for sustainable construction serve as evaluation criteria.
- Independent juries hosted by associated universities of the Foundation evaluate the submissions.
- Author and contact details of all team members.
- Technical details: location, dimensions, materials, costs and other key data.
- Project summary: background and project concept (text up to 800 characters).
- Statements on sustainability: response to the “target issues” for sustainable construction (3 statements up to 800 characters each).
- CO2 lifecycle assessment: qualitative narrative on what measures have been taken to reduce the CO2 emissions of your project (Awards main category only: text up to 800 characters).
- 5-10 project images (high resolution image files with captions).
- Image of author/team (high resolution image file with caption).
Questions and help
If you have any questions related to the LafargeHolcim Awards competition, please contact the Helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org