The LafargeHolcim Awards seek leading projects of professionals as well as bold ideas from the Next Generation that combine sustainable construction solutions with architectural excellence. The 6th cycle of the international competition is open for entries until February 25, 2020. The Awards foreground projects and concepts from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials science, construction technology, and related fields. Prize money totals USD 2 million.
The Main Awards category is open to architects, engineers, planners, project owners, builders and construction firms for projects at an advanced stage of design with high probability of execution. The Next Generation category for young professionals and students up to 30 years of age seeks visions and bold ideas. In both categories, execution of the project may not have started before January 1, 2019.
Independent juries hosted by associated universities of the Foundation evaluate the submissions:
- Members of the Awards jury for Europe
- Members of the Awards jury for North America
- Members of the Awards jury for Latin America
- Members of the Awards jury for Middle East Africa
- Members of the Awards jury for Asia Pacific
The “target issues” for sustainable construction serve as evaluation criteria:
- Innovation and transferability – Progress
- Ethical standards and social inclusion – People
- Resource and environmental performance – Planet
- Economic viability and compatibility – Prosperity
- Contextual and aesthetic impact – Place