Registration is now closed
Registration in the 6th LafargeHolcim Awards for Sustainable Construction was open from June 4, 2019 until February 25, 2020 at 14:00 hrs (UTC). If you registered and hold an entry ID (in the form AW20-*****) you can continue to edit and finalize your submission until March 3, 2020 at 14:00 hrs (UTC).
LafargeHolcim Awards main category
- For exemplary sustainable construction projects at an advanced stage of design from architecture, engineering, urban planning, materials and construction technology, and related fields.
- There is no age restriction for project authors.
LafargeHolcim Awards Next Generation category
- For visionary design concepts and bold ideas.
- Authors can be no older than 30 years of age (date of birth must be June 5, 1989 or later).
In both categories
- Execution of the project may not have started before January 1, 2019.
- Entries must be in English.
- The “target issues” for sustainable construction serve as evaluation criteria.
- Independent juries hosted by associated universities of the Foundation evaluate the submissions.
Questions and help
The Step-by-step guide contains comprehensive information and examples on how to enter the LafargeHolcim Awards competition.
The most frequent answers to questions concerning the competition procedure or technical difficulties are listed in the Q&A platform.
If you still require further clarification, please send a message (in English) to the Helpdesk. We aim to respond to all enquiries within one business day.