The total prize money for each cycle of the LafargeHolcim Awards competition (regional and global levels) is USD 2 million.
- The total prize money for each of the five regional LafargeHolcim Awards competitions is USD 330,000
- LafargeHolcim Awards (main category): LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 100,000; LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 50,000; LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 30,000
- 4 LafargeHolcim Awards Acknowledgement prizes of USD 20,000 each
- Next Generation prizes from a budget of USD 70,000 per region: Next Generation 1st prize USD 25,000; Next Generation 2nd prize USD 20,000; Next Generation 3rd prize USD 15,000; Next Generation 4th prize USD 10,000
- Awards, Acknowledgements and Next Generation prizes will be presented at LafargeHolcim Awards ceremonies in each region (Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East Africa, and Asia Pacific) from September to November 2017.
- The prize money of the Global LafargeHolcim Awards competition is USD 350,000
- The 15 recipients of regional LafargeHolcim Awards Gold, Silver and Bronze are automatically nominated for the Global LafargeHolcim Awards in 2018.
- Global LafargeHolcim Awards Gold USD 150,000; Global LafargeHolcim Awards Silver USD 100,000; Global LafargeHolcim Awards Bronze USD 50,000
- A Global LafargeHolcim Jury Wild Card Award of USD 50,000 will be chosen from all regional winners (Awards, Acknowledgement and Next Generation prizes) from 2017
- Prizes of the global competition will be presented at dedicated LafargeHolcim Awards handover events from mid-2018.
All prizes are subject to the positive outcome of a verification process to check project eligibility and compliance with local and international laws and regulations.
- Competition opens July 4, 2016 at 14:00 hrs UTC
- Q&A platform and Helpdesk from July 4, 2016 until closing
- Close of registration March 21, 2017 at 14:00 hrs UTC
- Close of entry form March 28, 2017 at 14:00 hrs UTC
- Jury meetings by region June to July 2017
- Awards ceremonies by region from September to November 2017
- Global jury meeting March 2018
- Global Awards handover events from mid-2018